Experienced, Professional and Affordable Insulation Upgrade in Lethbridge, AB
Over a Decade of Industry Experience
FREE Estimates, always!
Residential & Commercial
Licensed & Insured
Providing Lethbridge, AB with insulating top ups services. Due to our years of experience and emphasis on client communication, we have gained a solid reputation in the area.
Insulation Upgrade Types
Upgrading the insulation in your attic, basement, crawl space, garage, or other areas is a fantastic way to keep your house or company energy efficient and save money.
There are various options for improving insulation in a specific part of your home:
- Blown-in insulation: This approach involves blowing loose fibers such as cellulose or blown-in fiberglass insulation into attics or walls through small holes created in the ceiling or through an entry point. It is a quick and easy way to add insulation to an existing attic that does not need removing the existing insulation. We use blown in fiberglass for our projects
- Batt insulation: uses large sheets or rolls of fiberglass or mineral wool insulation between joists in an attic or wall cavities. It is a more time-consuming option because it necessitates hand-installing the insulation and may necessitate the removal of existing insulation, depending on the insulation technician’s assessment.
- Spray foam insulation: Comprised of spraying a liquid foam insulation material that is suitable for most applications and expands and hardens into a solid foam (which closed cell spray foam is a great selection). This quick and easy way of updating insulation has the potential to fill tiny gaps and uneven spots while also serving as a solution for commercial spray foam insulation projects.
Adding insulation to a project is a low-cost way to improve a building’s energy efficiency and reduce energy costs. Choosing the suitable type of insulation is critical for the best success, so having our experienced insulation technicians examine and provide you with options is the best way to move forward with your project.
Insulation Top Up Advantages
There are several advantages of adding insulation:
- Improved energy efficiency: Adding extra insulation to any project can improve energy efficiency by reducing heat loss and gain through the ceiling in the winter and summer. The goal is to improve overall building comfort while reducing energy costs.
- Reduced drafts: Adding insulation to an existing ceiling can help to reduce drafts by creating a tighter barrier between the ceiling and the rest of the structure.
- Improved temperature control: Adding insulation to an existing ceiling can help balance out temperature swings within a structure by minimizing the amount of heat lost through the home or business in the winter and gained through the roof in the summer.
- Noise reduction: Adding insulation to an existing ceiling can help reduce outside noise and noise from other parts of the structure.
Removal, Replacement, and Installation
The following steps for the removal, replacement, and installation of insulation:
Before you start, you should ensure you have all the necessary tools and materials, like insulation, protective clothing, and cutting tools. It is also essential to plan the work and ensure the area is free of anything that could get in the way.
Preparation: The first step is to take out the insulation that is already there. We use tools to cut the insulation into pieces for removal.
Replacement: The new insulation is installed after removing the old insulation. This may require cutting the insulation to fit the space and putting it in place with staples, glue, or other fasteners. It is vital to ensure that the insulation placement is evenly done and that there are no gaps or air leaks.
Testing and making the final adjustments: Once the new insulation is in place, it’s essential to test it to ensure it’s working right. This could mean checking the insulated room’s temperature and making necessary changes.
Cleanup: The last step is cleaning up any mess made by removing and installing the insulation and getting rid of the old insulation correctly.
Overall, removing, replacing, and installing insulation can be challenging and take time, which is why it requires specialized skills and knowledge. It’s best to let our professionals ensure it is done right the first time.